This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Living with Bob and "Al"

The other day one of Sheri's friends called her a writer. Sheri does not see herself as a writer. She sees herself as a women with a very large multifaceted hole in her heart, and her feelings and emotions are seeping out... through her blog.

6 comments:

  1. So true Sheri! I just want to thank you for every post! It is so helpful for me! My husband Jerry is 63 and was diagnosed in May 2010 after trying to get him to the doctor for over a year! Hugs and kisses to you and Bob!
    Maureen Connolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Maureen, but so sorry about Jerry :( Hugs and kisses to you as well.
      Sheri

      Delete
  2. You write your emotions and observation like a true writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita217G. You are so sweet.

      Sheri

      Delete
  3. I believe you are not just a writer but also a poet. As I go through this I am at a loss for words so often. You are always eloquent and you paint a picture with your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori,
      Thank you so much for your kind words. I so appreciate you reading the blog and taking time to comment.
      Sheri

      Delete