This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri woke up to the birds singing and beautiful haze of the sky before the sun comes up, and as she drank her coffee on the patio and took a deep breath of the cool crisp air,  she felt God's presence telling her everything was going to be okay, and for the first time in very long time Sheri actually felt like everything is going to be okay. God is good.
Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”


2 comments:

  1. Sheri,you are an inspiration to me. Your strength found in your relationship with God, your intentionality in being content and thankful, and your vulnerability in sharing your struggles encourage to put my foor forward taking my next step in my own journey. Lots of times I feel I want to just curl up in bed and never get up to face the challenges in my life. Every ounce of strength and desire to push forward seems gone. Your journey which you kindly chose to share with us is one of my daily sources of encouragement. Thank you!
    I am happy for you for these special moments of peace and hope amd I pray you have many more of them in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank oyu so much for your kind words of encouragment. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete