This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Liiving with Bob and "Al"

Bob has alsways been a good sleeper, and "Al" just kind of went along for the ride. Sheri can tell that things are changing and although Bob seems tired and wants to sleep "Al" has other ideas. Sheri has seen this before off and on, but this every night thing means "Al" is taking over Bob's night brain as well as his day brain.
Sheri hates this disease.
Psalm 62:5  “Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.” 

1 comment:

  1. Working full time, that must be so tough for you. I am one that doesn't function well on little sleep. This disease has no mercy.....I am learning that caregiving is not an easy task!

    ReplyDelete