This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Living with Bob and "Al"

It was really nice again in the frozen tundra on Sunday so Sheri decided to take advantage of it and go back out to see the birds. Sheri was snapping away with her camera when she turned to check on Bob. She did not have the right lens on to capture the whole shot, but there stood "Al" waving Bob's cane ( yes, it looks like a saw) straight up in the air. She asked what he was doing and "Al" replied "I am trying to get the birds to look over here for you." The look on his face says it all. Sheri is very grateful they can still share these outings.
 Gotta love him.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Not to be rude...but you and bob and al do more together then myself and my husband who is "well". Bob looks charming in the pic.
    This maybe unwelcome but sometimes, I know I compare my insides to other people outsides and assume that a certain couple , or that couple over there, are having the romantic time of their life. Hardly! I know of no married couples that are all sunshine and rainbows, in fact, the dreary day in day out "oh its you again" is more the norm.
    I have found I have to accept my situation as being the exact way it is supposed to be right now. For an unknown reason to me, this is Gods plan and I have to have faith. That does not mean I always like it. It does however keep me from the doldrums of why me, poor me, and looking negatively.
    You have a very good way of seeing the sweetness in bob and al. But remember, the rest of us are NOT ALL having a good ole romantic anniversary, roll in the hay, sweet nothings in the ear kind of life. We all have some sort of cross to bear.
    If I lived near you I would offer to take him off your hands for an afternoon. I hope you accept and and all help, so you can keep nurturing you! In God's love and faith, a friend.

    ReplyDelete