This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri hates to admit it, but during the week with the hustle and bustle of her work, and what Bob believes is his work (Adult Day Center), other than the few things he might say in the car, it is fairly easy to forget the real affect that Alzheimer's is having on Bob. She finds most weekends that by the time Monday rolls around she is tired and depressed. Sheri rented this tiny cozy house this past November after losing their family home to foreclosure. "Al" told Sheri yesterday, as they sat in her new "not really her garden, garden" that they had lived in this house several years now, and after spending hours with him trying to get the fountain to work, and watching him forget within seconds what he was trying to do..and what he had already done, Sheri just could not muster the energy to be positive one minute longer. She knows she will rebound because she must... but for right now her heart hurts.

3 comments:

  1. (((HUGS)))) Sounds like it's time for a good long cry. I was NEVER one to cry, but this condition has taught me how healthy it is to just let the tears flow now and then. If you were not depressed under these circumstances you would not be sane...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel it is so much easier to push this awful disease to the back of my mind when I am at work during the week also. My sadness hits hardest on the weekends when we are together more.

    I tend to feel exhausted,like I just want to sleep, but I know that is how I deal with depression.

    My heart and prayers are with you today. May God restore to you the peace that passes all understanding.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Sheri -
      Sending love and hugs to you and Bob.
      I hope you may find a quiet corner, to just sit, cry and ask for peace. You deserve it. You are amazing - and this includes being human. Your posts are always giving me strength. THANK YOU.
      Jayne

      Delete