This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri has noticed a pattern in herself. She has a very hard time transitioning between Bob's new life and back into HER new life. What she means is that stepping into "their" world when she visits, and then back into her new world by herself and alone, reopens the wounds over and over again. She can't imagine she is the only one who as experienced this, but when she walks out of "their" new home, The loneliness overwhelms her.
Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 comment:

  1. And when one of us is gone,
    And one of us is left to carry on,
    Then remembering will have to do,
    Our memories alone will get us through
    Think about the days of me and you,
    Of you and me against the world.

    Read more: Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World Lyrics | MetroLyrics

    ReplyDelete