This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri is humbled to have another article about her sometimes crazy life,  published the The Caregivers Voice web site. Sheri knows that there are other caregivers in the trenches of some form of dementia , that get no recognition, doing things way more difficult then she is, so she is dedicating this effort to bring light to the challenges all caregivers face to her comrades in care-giving everywhere. If you are reading  this now, leave a comment  on the blog by clicking on the word comment below the post, with the relation of the person you are caring for and state or country you live so we can show the world this disease has no boundaries.
Click here A Day in the Life of a Caregiver
Thank you for all you do.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sheri for helping us feel we are not alone. I'm caring for my husband who is now in a memory care facility. I'm in Maplewood, MN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback! Hugs to you and yours :)

      Delete
  2. Thank-you for your blog - I have often shared your posts on Twitter and facebook as they say it all. Best wishes from the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support Paul and for sharing my posts. It helps me so much to know my blog might be helping someone.

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Sheri, I read your blog and feel less isolated. I am caring for my husband in Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caring for my 64 year old husband, Tom, a former state mental health hospital director & "network manager" overseeing state mental health agencies in 13counties of deep south IL, USA. He's had AD 15-20years. We were married 15 years ago. No boundaries is right.

    ReplyDelete