This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri is trying again to choose joy today. (She was not successful yesterday).  :)

4 comments:

  1. When my Mom was still with us, I kept reminding myself that God puts us in the fire to make us stronger. I worked hard to find something to smile or laugh about every day. Mom DID do or say some funny things. Blessings and peace are being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I think things cant get any worse- They do..And just when I think they cant get any better- They do. Take heart Miss Sheri.. Joy as evasive as it seems right now will find you when you least expect it. Thats what I keep telling myself.. I know time is a luxury but You capture such beauty through your lens. If you can find a little time for that now and again..Maybe? Just Maybe? that might be where you can find some?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori for reminding what brings me joy. I may just grab my camera and find my joy :)

      Delete