This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri has been struggling and has had a lot of friends praying for her. She is in awe of how God responds to prayer. Out of absolutely no where yesterday. Bob had a complete non prompted short conversation with Sheri totally initiated by him, which has not happened in many, many years.
They were driving to work and Bob turned to Sheri and said, "are the girls at school?" Sheri explained that they were both working. Then he said "we were really fortunate with them, they never back talked or did bad things, they are good kids. That took courage to not do all the bad things, we should tell them we are proud of them for that." Sheri replied with a tear stained smile "Yes we should".
Bob does not know it , but he just gave Daughter number one and Daughter number two the best Fathers Day present ever, a word of true love spoken from their Father and not "Al", and gave Sheri a peaceful heart.

Psalm 107:28-30 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! God bless and Happy Father's Day!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete


  2. Just when I need Him, Jesus is near,
    Just when I falter, just when I fear;
    Ready to help me, ready to cheer,
    Just when I need Him most.
    Refrain:
    Just when I need Him most,
    Just when I need Him most,
    Jesus is near to comfort and cheer,
    Just when I need Him most.
    Just when I need Him, Jesus is true,
    Never forsaking, all the way through;
    Giving for burdens pleasures anew,
    Just when I need Him most.
    Just when I need Him, Jesus is strong,
    Bearing my burdens all the day long;
    For all my sorrow giving a song,
    Just when I need Him most.
    Just when I need Him, He is my all,
    Answering when upon Him I call;
    Tenderly watching lest I should fall,
    Just when I need Him most

    (An old song that came to my mind when I read your post, Sheri.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is beautiful , thank you for sharing this. I needed that.

      Delete