This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri just wants to come home from work and carry on a conversation, a true conversation. She wants to tell Bob about her day and  have interaction, not give direction. She wants Bob to hug her and comfort her and let her know that everything will be alright, It is not that friends and family don't care... but at the end of the day she still feels alone.

Genesis 2:18 

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”

7 comments:

  1. I remember those feelings so well.
    Sorry, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put in words exactly how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so sorry you are in this as well. Hugs to you, Sheri

      Delete
  3. Thank you for writing this blog, I look forward to it daily. I feel some on is communication with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita2176, thank you so much for letting me know that.
      It helps me so much to know you are out there reading. It gives me comfort to hear from you.
      Hugs to you. You can always email me directly through the contact form also. Take care. Sheri

      Delete
  4. I empathize with you -100%. This disease sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I empathize with you - 100%. This disease sucks!

    ReplyDelete