This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri set a goal back in January, she did not meet the goal but she is is sill proud of herself. She has lost 20 pounds.(actually she lost a few more than that but gained it back since her thumb incident :( )  It is a very slow, hard process. But never the less she did it. She is stuck now hasn't lost any in a while, but at least she knows she can do it. Bob and "Al" have not noticed but no surprise there. He also does not realize today is Sheri's birthday but that's ok because birthdays don't count any more. She is going reset her goal and plunge onward!

8 comments:

  1. Good for you,Sherry, you go girl!!

    Happy B-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrific! Good for you! I wish my weight was going in that direction. Sadly, Scarlet's "tomorrow is another day" always wins in my head when I'm debating whether or not I should eat/drink something - LOL! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      That is my usual response too! I am gad I am not alone there! LOL.

      Delete
  3. good for you !! 20 pounds is excellent !! And wishing you a very happy birthday :)) "we" don't celebrate my birthday, either, or any other special days but I'm sure your daughters will remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for your birthday! Well done regarding your weight loss as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Janice in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the birthday wishes, and for continuing to share my journey with me!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog, thank you. I have not had a birthday celebration in 7 years. My 25th and 30th wedding anniveraries just slipped by too. After three years of trying to get help from his doctor, my husband has finally been diagnosed with alheizmers. It is very lonely living with someone with alheizers.

    ReplyDelete