This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Living with Bob and "Al"

There are such cycles of feelings
With this dreadful  disease
I can laugh, I can cry
Or share nothing, if I please.

But my heart's always heavy
There is no way out
Handling everything alone
Too many things to count.

To find joy
I must look upward
To a place full of hope
Where Bob and "Al" will be free
But until then... I must cope.

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I found your blog this morning. I see you you have traveled this road awhile. I am a few years in. I'm crying through your poems...this one especially. I appreciate how you are real about your feelings, but end the poem with a scripture reminding us (yourself) that God is still here.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete