This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Living with Bob and Al

Life is not ever
what it appears to be
Church once a week-
and family pictures deceive

The surface looks good
The hugs and the smiles
But the eyes tell the truth
The sorrows the trials

The eyes tell the stories
know one wants you to know
the eyes take you places
no one wants you to go

So don't be surprised
if Sheri just looks away
When shes smiles and tells you 
"We're doing fine today."


Jeremiah 29:11 TLB
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

2 comments:

  1. Sheri, I wish I could somehow help ease the burden for you. I know this is harder than anyone can imagine to walk in your shoes. Know that I continue to pray for you and that you do not walk alone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very touching poem.

    ReplyDelete