This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Living with Bob and "Al"

Daughters One and Two went to see "the boys" yesterday. They were excited to see that their Dad was wearing one of the shirts they gave him for Father's Day. The girls complemented him on his new shirt and "Al" responded "Yeah..... cheap o" For a minute the girls were hurt thinking that he meant the shirt was of cheap quality, but the "cheap o " was  followed by  "Al" (with a big smile on his face)  saying "Yeah I asked around if belonged to anyone and they said no I could have it"  :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad to read your humorous posts about such a difficult situation. I think that's our only way to retain our sanity about all of this. One of my sons has made a couple of jokes about my still somewhat mild symptoms of EOAD. He recently apologized after one of them because he thought I might interpret his comments as making fun of me. I did my best to reassure him that I don't because I know he doesn't mean them that way. Perhaps it's helpful to me that my Mom died of AD some years ago. My Dad and I sometimes ended up laughing about some of the things that she said and did. Our laughter could not make up for our sadness about what was happening, but it was something.
    Heading Somewhere

    ReplyDelete