This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Living with Bob and "Al"

Each day Sheri needs to remember to pray for strength, and accept God's grace - She feels weak, and loses her patience.
Each day Sheri needs to remember God love's her and is holding her- She is lonely and needs to be held.
Each day Sheri needs to remember God has a plan for her life.-She is lost and wandering in the desert of Dementia.

Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain Sheri, I'm a caregiver to my 62 year old husband who has dementia. His license was just suspended and its very hard to handle him, he thinks he can still drive. It's a lonely world - no one to share your feelings with :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rina, I am sorry about your husband. When they pulled my husbands license I had the same problem. I know it is hard. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know they say patience is a virtue.. Its so hard to have it day in and day out. I think of you daily.. Sending you strength and Hugz,

    ReplyDelete