This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri and Bob had been in bed for about 3 hours last night, when "Al" popped up ( well not quite popped up) and headed toward the bedroom door. Sheri could tell he was not quite right so she said "Bob where are you going?" "Back to bed " "Al" replied with an air of confidence in his voice. Sheri tired and frustrated said "you were just in your bed", To which "Al" repiled with a question in his voice "Oh, I was already in bed? Yes she mumbled. "Okay then" "Al" said with a lift in his voice, he did an about face and promptly climbed back into bed, whsitling To God be the Glory. :)
No wonder she is tired, it is choir practice 24/7

6 comments:

  1. I know the situation is so very sad,but it is a cute story. I am praying for you. 🙏🏻. I started watching Teepa Snow videos...boy did she nail the diagnosis test to a T. I almost felt like she could of been in the room with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen , humor is my saving grace in this crazy world we live in :)

      Delete
  2. I so enjoy(?) your posts. My husband has Alzheimer's as well and, like Bob and Al, he makes funny remarks now and then. Just now he read me a comic from the paper which was a bit funny. I'm thankful he can still see the humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marge, sorry you are on this journey too :( but humor is my saving grace on a daily basis. Thanks for the feed back :)

      Delete
    2. What, no Thursday post? Are you ok?

      Delete
    3. HI Marge, not sure why you did not see it , it is here... but thank you for worrying about me :)
      www.sherizeee.blogspot.com

      Delete