This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri realizes she should be grateful. Many victims of Alzheimer's display violent behaviors. Bob has never done that, at least not yet, "Al" is passive. She has seen him express more frustration when he does not understand direction, clenching his jaw off to one side the way he did on rare occasion before "Al" came when he was angry. She hopes that is not the beginning of a change in temperament. She going to try remember to live one day at a time, that is all we are promised any way.

Matthew 6:34
 34 Therefore, stop worrying about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

2 comments:

  1. My husband told me last night that "If senility hits me and get mean and say hurtful things, I hope you'll know that it's not really me saying those things and I want our family to know that". Then he also said that in the future he forgets to thank me for standing by him, he wanted to thank me now. It's so hard that he knows what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately this has happened. His anger and frustration are now coming out.

    ReplyDelete