This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Monday, January 7, 2013

"Living with Bob and "Al"

Bob was helping Sheri do the dishes. Sheri stopped Bob from putting the dishes in the food cabinet. Frustrated Sheri said "Bob that doesn't go there, see there is peanut butter in that cabinet." "Al" replied "well I don't like peanut butter ", Sheri in a not so great mood said " what does that have to do with anything?" "Al" replied " I don't know, I just did not know if I had told you that."
(heavy sigh)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sheri, I know it's not funny when these things happen, but so many of the behaviors you are seeing/living through I can see displayed by my Dad also. And, sometimes I chuckle just because it's nice to realize that I am not the only one who goes through this and not the only one who becomes frustrated. Thanks so much for sharing. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete