This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Living with Bob and Al

On the way to drop Bob and "Al" off at the "Continuing Education Center" (code for the Adult Day Care) Bob hears on the radio that Comcast ( the cable company) will be hiring 400 people for a new call center in the town where they live. Bob turns up the radio and states that maybe he can apply for a job there, and then asked Sheri what do they do? Sheri explained that it is a call center so it will involve the phone and a computer most likely.
"Oh" says Bob. "By the way speaking of phones, do you know why I can't get my cell phone to work?" "Al" asks. Sheri says " well you have to open the top and then it will work" "Al" responds "Oh, I didn't know that."
Sheri thinks that working for Comcast is probably out.   :)

1 comment:

  1. I am where you are. Today husband asked if I knew what was wrong with the dryer. I didn't think anything was. I went in to look. He set the timer and pressed start and said it won't start. I reminded him the door must be closed for it to work. Voila!

    ReplyDelete