This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Living with Bob and "Al"

As Sheri approaches the thought of this new level of care-giving... care-giving from a far, she is struggling with so many issues. Guilt is probably the worst. She does not need to hear "there is nothing to feel guilty about you did the best you could." The logical part of her knows this. That does not change the way the heart works. She looks at this man, trapped inside himself and her need to protect and nurture him overtakes logic. Theses are not matters of the head they are matters of the heart.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a matter of the heart and so heart. ❤️ My day to make the tough decision is coming as I see my own health declining and wonder how long before I need more care than my husband. Then what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a matter of the heart! The decision time is approaching for us, too, made more complicated by my own declining health.

    ReplyDelete