This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri would not wish this disease on anyone, but since she has no choice but to be on this journey, she does think there is much to learn from this wretched disease. Wouldn't our own lives be enriched and enjoyed so much more if our past mistakes did not haunt us, and our future was living only in the moment? Maybe we would appreciate the simple things and be at peace with our lives.

2 comments:

  1. This verse! Much pain in daily losing your loved one to this horrible disease mixed with hope that he/she will be fully restored in Heaven where there is no more sickness, pain, or tears.
    I struggle to enjoy the moment and focus on what I have rather than what I lost. I struggle to enjoy hugging my loved one rather than constantly missing who they were before this disease.
    Thank you for this blog. Thank you for being positive and keeping your eyes heavenward. You encourage my heart and give me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me know the blog helps you, I too can feel very alone in this. YOU are an encouragement to me :) Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete