This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Living with Bob and "Al"

The 25 Best Alzheimer's Blogs of 2014
Best 2014 Alzheimer Blogs by healthline.com

Sheri is so very pleased to see that her blog was named a Top Alzheimer Blog for 2014 by healthline.com. Although her intention with writing the blog was to be an outlet for her feelings about this terrible disease for herself, she really never envisioned it being read by others. She is happy to know that her blog can be a support for others on a journey of their own. Your comments in return, are a support for her and help her realize she is not alone. Thank you so much for reading, and taking this journey with me.
 Life can be hard, we might as well do it together :)


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I hope I can aspire to the same!

    I have been a young(ish!) carer for my mother-in-law, who suffers from dementia, for the last three years now....

    I am in the process of creating a new poetry site primarily aimed at carers, but also people with dementia as well - http://dementiapoetry.com/

    Please feel free to check out!

    DG x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not alone, Sheri! You may live in the "frozen tundra", but know that there are those as far away as (sometimes) sunny San Diego are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style of writing.
    I have been in the Alzheimer's field for many years and have recently launched my new website called The Alzheimer's Avalanche-15 step-by-step guides to Avoid the avalanche of information. It is in a 'dear Abby' style following a couple through the stages. Guide #1 How to React and Not React to First Diagnoses.
    I need pointers on starting a blog- Check out my site
    www.alz-support-steps.com Thanks, Penelope Mont

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful to have found you blog today. My fiancés father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last week and it's very difficult seeing him with this disease; it really breaks my heart to see my future mother in law deal with the sadness and pain this journey entails. I found myself reading through your daily blogs and sobbing as I can relate to the feelings of my fiancé and his mother. Thank you for sharing your heartfelt message, it really hits home. I also thank the Lord you have a Christian blog and share verses periodically as reminders of our faith in Christ & that we are always held and comforted in his hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous for sharing your thoughts a bout my blog, if I can help anyone on this journey, then writing it is well worth it.
      Sheri

      Delete