This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri's heart is heavy lately. She knows so many people in so much pain. She sees the pain in the world around her and can sometimes barely speak. She knows she should have a grateful heart, compared to the stress she had a year ago this time, life is stable. She is just not sure in which direction to move when she feels like she is stuck in the past and the future. She knows God has a plan for her life to make a difference, as he does for all of us, she just wishes the road map was not faded with water spots of tears.

2 comments:

  1. Sheri, I feel your pain and that uncertain feeling. In my devotions this morning it talked about how we see the treacherous mountain path looming ahead, when we need to be looking at God, and not the mountain. It said He may decide to give us another path, or go around the mountain. Even if he does choose the hardest path he promises to equip us.
    I know I look at those around me that are hurting as well as what I see will happen in the future. I can believe with my head that God has plans to prosper us, and not to harm, but my heart says it looks like harm to me.
    Please know your blog provides comfort and knowledge that we are not in this alone. You are accomplishing a greater purpose at this time with Bob and Al, and with those of us who read your blog daily. Much love and prayers, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue, it means a lot know we are not in this alone. Hugs and prayers to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete