This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Living with Bob and Al

Bob was standing in the kitchen
Sheri at the computer
Sheri sees Bob out of the corner of her eye
opening kitchen cuboards, turning
and looking from side to side..
Sheri says "Bob what are you looking for?"
"Al" says " The telephone"
Hummmm........

2 comments:

  1. We are past that stage now but a year or so ago I found many strange things in strange places. Cordless telephones in the fridge, cereal boxes in the linen closet etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband has TBI, not alzheimer's - but I relate. he wanted a toothpick the other day and grabbed the box of matches. wrong, but made sense to me.

    ReplyDelete