This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Living with Bob and "Al"

Most of the Sheri thinks she knows Bob and "Al" pretty well, but she was caught off guard last night when "Al" asked her what side of the bed he should sleep on.
Sometimes the changes are so subtle :(

6 comments:

  1. I had such a stressful day yesterday with minor subtle changes -- you always pump me up !! And I sure wish I had the ability to team the bible passages to things like you do !! Have a blessed Easter !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you were having a rough day too :( Have a blessed Easter as well! Thank you for reading my blog and your feedback. :)

      Delete
  2. Subtle change with my mother yesterday too....she was lying in her bed (not unusual) when I arrived, but DIDN'T get up saying "I was just THINKING about you....Oh, I'm so glad you came" or something like that......She also was still wearing her bib from breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so frustrating when you see things changing and you have NO control. Blessings to you and your Mom. :)

      Delete
  3. I watch for small indicators of something wrong. A few weeks ago hubby had a stomach ache and was rubbing his abdomen. I made a doctor appointment for the AM. Doctor sent us to the emergency room. That night he had his appendix out. He never mentioned pain. He can't recognize hunger either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow good catch. Bob does not recognize hunger either. The only pain he knows is his back pain. We have to be everything for them.

      Delete