This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Living with Bob and "Al"

In the morning Bob awakes in pain
His back, his knee, is neck.
At lunch Al says he's feeling great
no pain to speak of yet....

At dinner Bob says today was bad
his knee kept giving out,
At bedtime Al says the day was good
he is all better now ...no doubt...

Job 16:6
" Yet if I speak my pain is not relieved
And if I refrain it does not go away"

No comments:

Post a Comment