This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Monday, July 1, 2024

A Plea from the heart

 Dear First Lady Jill Biden,

Please take this letter in the way it is intended, with the utmost respect and care from my heart.
As a wife of a late husband with both Frontal Lobe Dementia and Alzheimer’s that I cared for , for over ten years, I am asking you to please use your position to represent all caregivers by stopping the humiliation of the President of the United States of America on National TV… he is not well. You have an opportunity to step forward and demand that what appears to the world to be bordering on elder abuse, stop and change our world, for all caregivers and their loved ones.
Dear Mrs. Jill Biden,
Please Mrs. Biden, look at your husbands’ behaviors and his speech and step out of your denial … he is not well. It is not about politics anymore; it is about human dignity.
Dear Jill,
Woman to women, wife to wife, this is incredibly hard to go through, to watch and to manage. It hurts my heart and it must indeed hurt yours to see his inner struggles and apparent illness. I see the blank stare on his face, the need to be guided by the hand, the slurred speech, the confusion. I beg of you please do not allow this public display of vulnerability to continue, you and only you as his wife can stop it. HE IS NOT WELL.
I do not know what limitations he has, I am not a medical professional.
These are my thoughts and opinions, as wife of a late husband with Frontal Lobe dementia and Alzheimers disease. Feel free to share.
Sheri Zschocher Sanasac

No comments:

Post a Comment