This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Living with Bob and "Al"

Sheri goes through cycle of grief, she never really knows when it is going to hit but she knows the cycles are there. While at church on Sunday she realized something else, a feeling she is less familial with and keeps hidden much better. She is angry, plain and simple, she is angry. She is angry that she is on this journey, angry about the loss of their family home, angry that Bob can't find the bathroom, put on his clothes, mow the lawn , or shave with out instruction. She is angry that in 2007 when she and Bob were going to try to work on their marriage that had been failing for many years instead of divorcing, that God would unveil this monster of a disease. She is angry and feels abandon by Bob. She is angry her daughters have lost there father. She is angry that the world had to wait till it shows up on the big screen before some one pays attention, while people have been living this hell watching their lives go by, but without popcorn or the ability to leave it behind,  because there is no end to the movie or Oscar bow.
Sheri know's this is not Bob's fault. She knows any attention to Alzheimer's is important and she is grateful for the exposure of songs and movies about the disease. She knows she is not alone and that God has a plan for her life. She also knows now that is okay to be angry and to take her anger to God in intimate prayer.
Thank you Pastor Justin,  I needed to hear that.
Now she will pull herself up by her boot straps and get on with the day.

2 comments:

  1. You are a very courageous and lovely women, have been reading your post but have commented only on one blog that brought tears to my eyes. This blog got my attention cause I am also on this terrible journey. I also in 2007 contemplated on divorcing my husband because I did not know what was going on. He was so mean and not himself later in 2009 to find out he has Early On-Set Dementia. He is 62 years old, and I am 57. What a terrible disease losing him a bit of a time. I love reading your post you make me feel that I am not alone in this crazy journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rina, thank you for sharing this journey with me it is a great support to me when I know people are reading and understanding my life. You and I are the same age, we can share this craziness together.

      Delete