This blog is about life with my husband who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia in 2008. He was 64 at the time although now, knowing more about the disease, Alzheimer's was present many, many years ago, which is why early detection is so important. As you read the blog the character "Al" that I created in 2008, represents the way that Alzheimer's is invading our daily lives.
There is an archive tab further down the page that starts from the beginning of our journey.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Living with Bob and “Al”

“They” have lingered in this darkness, this place between life and death , far to long. The fight to breathe, has won the battle for 72 hours , each breath more labored than the last. As the soft gurgle ends each breath , followed by the long silence of a hope , Sheri wishes this to be over, yet she knows this is not about her. We have told him it was time for him to go, all three of his girls will be ok, she is just not sure if she is reaching Bob .... she needs “Al” to step aside just one more time.

7 comments:

  1. Praying that the Lord will gently take Bob home to heaven and give you and the girls His comfort and peace. No more suffering or confusion for dear Bob as he looks face to face with his Savior. Love, KZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    j

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for Bob, you and the girls! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheri,
    My heart goes to all of you. I sadly remember this step with my Dad. My prayers for a peaceful cross-over for Bob and strength for you and the girls.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you at this very sacred time. God is there. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is so much pain in these words, yet they are profoundly deep. It’s like they reach through the 3.5” screen I am reading them on and it grabs at my heart, the very core of who I am. Telling me I need to do and be better than I am. That I need to not let time and opportunities pass me by, (to steal your phrase,) to live in the moment.
    My heart breaks for you Sherri and your family. There is nothing that I can say that will make any of this easier or take the pain away, so just know this... the path that you have/are walking will make a difference someday. Somehow, I believe that everything that you have documented will be used to make the process of searching for answers easier for someone. Maybe it will change the way that the system works for the future. Maybe it will be used in training for future employees to deepen their understanding of the client in front of them. Somehow, this will impact others for the better. Know that there are so many people praying for you, lifting all you guys all in prayer. For the peace of Christ to not take your pain away, but to help with processing everything that has happened. You know you have a very large facebook and blogging family, and we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete